Support Newport Harbor Athletic Foundation
The Newport Harbor Athletic Foundation is proud to hired of a certified full-time athletic trainer for Newport Harbor High School. NHHS has been working with Newport Orthopedic Institute to make this happen. Although a certified trainer is not required by the District, we believe this will be a tremendous benefit for our student athletes. The NHAF has been very proactive to make this happen. The annual cost for the certified full-time athletic trainer will cost roughly $75,000. We are looking for your support to help fund this critical position for our sports program and help with the health and safety of our student athletes.
The Newport Newport Harbor Athletic Foundation seeks to:
1. Pay for and provide athletic conditioning, which involves structured training programs designed to enhance physical performance, offers a wide range of benefits for athletes across various sports and fitness levels. These benefits contribute not only to improved athletic performance but also to overall health and well-being. Professional training has vast benefits from injury prevention to sport-specific skills improvement.
Athletic conditioning can target specific skills required for a particular sport, such as balance, hand-eye coordination, or shooting accuracy. This enhances an athlete’s overall performance and skill set.
Further, within the conditioning time and commitment, team cohesion and camaraderie significantly increases. Group conditioning sessions foster a sense of camaraderie and teamwork among athletes. The shared effort and support during training can strengthen team cohesion and communication.
2. Further support the Newport Orthopedic Institute (NOI) Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs) program. Newport Harbor Athletic Foundation provides funding for Newport Orthopedic Athletic Trainer, Heather Martin, during her work at the NHHS Athletics summer sports camps on campus. Further, NHAF funds overtime pay for extra athletic trainers during the school year when we have multiple athletic contests on campus that necessitate coverage by Newport Orthopedic.
ATCs provide immediate medical care in case of injuries or emergencies as our ATC is the first responder on the scene. Heather Martin provides immediate medical care, administers first aid, and stabilizes injured athletes while awaiting further medical attention.
NOI ATC’s also provide:
- Injury Assessment and Diagnosis: Certified athletic trainers are skilled in assessing and diagnosing injuries. They can quickly evaluate the severity of an injury and determine whether an athlete can safely continue to play or needs further medical attention.
2. Rehabilitation and Recovery: ATCs develop and oversee rehabilitation programs to help athletes recover from injuries and surgeries. They guide athletes through exercises, stretches, and therapies to restore strength, flexibility, and function.
3. Return-to-Play Decisions: Certified athletic trainers play a critical role in determining when an athlete is ready to return to play after an injury. Their expertise helps ensure that athletes resume physical activity safely and avoid re-injury.
4. Education and Health Promotion: ATCs educate athletes, coaches, and parents about injury prevention, nutrition, hydration, and overall health and wellness. They promote healthy lifestyles and empower athletes to make informed decisions.
5. Concussion Management: ATCs are trained to recognize and manage concussions, a common injury in contact sports. They conduct baseline testing, monitor symptoms, and guide athletes through the gradual return-to-play process after a concussion.
6. Mental Health Support: ATCs often develop strong relationships with athletes, making them well-positioned to recognize signs of mental health issues. They can provide initial support and refer athletes to appropriate resources for mental health care.
Donation Refund Policy
For donations made using the nhathelticfoundation.com website, if you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to Newport Harbor Athletic Foundation, we will honor your request for a refund made within 15 days of your donation.
To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
We have various donor levels and truly appreciate your support.
- Gold $10,000
- Silver $5,000
- Bronze $1,000
- Blue $500
- White $100
Newport Harbor Athletic Foundation
600 Irvine Avenue
Newport Beach CA 92663
501c3 Tax ID 47-2666635
KEEP IN TOUCH